MEDITERRANEAN MACARONI & CHEESE
Quintessential comfort food with a Mediterranean twist!
Sometimes when we crave comfort food, the simplest recipes can be the most satisfying, and this Mediterranean Macaroni & Cheese fits the bill! Lighter than a traditional heavy cheese, cream, and butter version, the quality of the pasta and olive oil really shines through in this recipe. If you’ve got a hankering for a more buttery version, use our Mantequilla Olive Oil - the butter flavored olive oil gives you the best of both worlds!
- 1. Fill a small saucepan 3/4 full with water, add salt, and bring to a boil.
- 2. While waiting for water to boil, finely grate Pecorino Romano cheese.
- 3. Add 1/2 pound (1 cup) of your pasta of choice to boiling water. Follow instructions on package for cooking time.
- 4. Strain cooked pasta. Pour pasta back into pan while still dripping, keeping a little pasta water in the pan.
- 5. Drizzle olive oil into pasta. Stir.
- 6. Add 1/2 of the cheese to pasta and stir until combined. Add 1/2 of the remaining cheese, saving the remainder to sprinkle. Stir.
- 7. Add freshly cracked black pepper to taste to pasta, garnish each serving with a sprinkle of the reserved cheese, and enjoy!