Recipe: Mediterranean Spaghetti@secolariadmin
Simple comfort food with a Mediterranean twist!
We find that the simplest recipes can often be the most satisfying dishes — the ones that we make over and over again, and this Mediterranean Spaghetti fits that bill! This dish is quick and easy to throw together for dinner in a pinch, but is a company-worthy entrée, too.
The quality of the olive oil really shines through in this recipe, so we use our robust New World Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil. It’s a blend of Manzanillo and Mission olives, giving it a balanced complexity — rich green, fruity, and pungent with a peppery finish.
- 1 lb. spaghetti, or other thin pasta of choice
- 1/2 cup New World Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 12 oz grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
- 6 oz artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/4 cup olives, pitted and halved
- 1/4 cup feta, crumbled
- 10-15 leaves fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1 lemon, zested
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
1. Cook spaghetti to al dente, according to package instructions.
2. When pasta is nearly done, heat extra virgin olive oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Lower the heat and add garlic and a pinch of salt. Cook for 10 seconds, stirring regularly. Then, stir in parsley, tomatoes, and scallions. Cook over low heat until just warmed, about 30 seconds.
3. Once the pasta is ready, remove from heat, drain, and return to cooking pot. Pour the warmed olive oil sauce over the pasta and toss to coat thoroughly. Add black pepper and red pepper flakes (if using) and toss again.
4. Add remaining ingredients and toss once more. Serve immediately, garnishing each serving with additional basil leaves and feta. Enjoy!