Sausage al Vino Rossoadmin
Sausages in Red wine is an extremely delicious main dish, perfect to prepare as a rustic dinner or a special dinner. Partly boiling the sausages before cooking in the wine helps the meat absorb all its taste! It is particularly important to choose a good dry red wine, which can also be served with the dinner. This recipe can be enjoyed with baked potatoes or polenta. Make this recipe, the result will be a dish with a robust flavor and aroma. Chef Alba
Sausage al Vino Rosso
- 4 italian sausage links
- 3 tbsps Secolari Arbosana Extra Virgin Olive Oil or any extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 cloves of garlic thinly sliced
- 2 cups dry red wine Chianti
- 1 to taste Secolari Roasted Garlic Sea Salt
- 1 to taste black pepper
- 1 to taste red pepper flakes optional
- 1 tbsp minced fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp flour optional
- With a toothpick, prick a few holes on each sausage link. In a skillet, add the sausages in hot water about halfway up; boil for 5 minutes. Strain remove sausages and set aside.
- In the same skillet add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and garlic, and rosemary. Cook on low heat for 2 minutes. Remove garlic and herb from skillet and set aside.
- Place the sausages in a skillet on medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and cook until just golden on all sides, turning occasionally. Add a cup of wine and wait until it reduces by half. Add a 2nd cup of wine and reduce again until the wine has reduced to a creamy sauce. Season with salt and peppers. Return the garlic and herb back to the skillet and mix with sauce.
- If the sauce has not thickened, add ½ to 1 tablespoon of flour and cook about a minute in the wine sauce.