Baked Feta with Tomatoes and Peppersadmin
This Baked Feta recipe (Bouyiourdi), is an appetizer/meze made with feta cheese, tomatoes and peppers. The feta absorbs the flavor and heat from the vegetables and it becomes soft, and keeps its shape. Make it spicy by adding a hot pepper if you like, or add kalamata olives. A great dish to serve with warm crusty bread. Chef Alba
Baked Feta with Tomatoes and Peppers
- 4 tablespoons Secolari Oregano Olive Oil divided
- 1 to taste Secolari Roasted Garlic Sea Salt
- 1 to taste freshly ground black pepper
- 1 to taste red pepper flakes
- 3 ripe tomatoes thinly sliced
- 1 block whole Feta cut into slices
- 2 bell peppers thinly sliced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons of oil on the bottom of baking pan. Add one layer of tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add the feta and then the green pepper slices. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes and oregano. Repeat with another layer. Lastly, drizzle the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil on top.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 400F, about 30 minutes or until the feta has melted and golden.