Pork Tenderloin Medallions with Crispy Prosciuttoadmin
Making these appetizing medallions are a different way to bring pork tenderloin and thinly shaved prosciutto to the table. This is a tasty dish that can be prepared in a short time. When served, this recipe is always a great success with family or friends to relish. Chef Alba
Pork Tenderloin Medallions with Crispy Prosciutto
- 2 pork tenderloins (fillets) (about 1 1/2 pounds.)
- 12 thin slices Prosciutto di Parma cut in half lengthwise
- 2 tsps freshly minced rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tbsps Secolari Garlic Olive Oil or Secolari Rosemary Olive Oil
- 1 to taste Secolari Wild Porcini Sea Salt
- 1 to taste black pepper
- 2-3 tbsps drizzle of Secolari Traditional Balsamic or Secolari fig balsamic
- Cut the pork tenderloin into 2 ounces small pieces. Season each piece with salt, pepper, and minced rosemary. Roll each piece of tenderloin in a 1/2 slice of prosciutto, keeping it in place with a toothpick if needed.
- In a large skillet, heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil on medium. When hot, place the minced garlic and wrapped tenderloins in the skillet. Be sure to space them apart so they will caramelize well. If they all don’t fit in the skillet, cook in them batches. Cook one side until golden and crispy. Turning only once, flip the other side and cook until crispy and golden and the center is no longer pink.
- Transfer to a platter, add a drizzle of extra olive oil and balsamic on top of each portion.