Couscous Green Peas-Almonds and Herbsadmin
I love couscous, perhaps because it was a dish my mom would make often when we lived in North Africa. Couscous is extremely versatile and incredibly practical, in just a few minutes it can be prepared and served. I prepare it in so many ways just like I do with pasta dishes. In this recipe I am using few simple ingredients such as peas, golden raisins, and almonds for an incredibly fragrant dish. Chef Alba
Couscous Green Peas-Almonds and Herbs
- 2 cups couscous
- 4 tbsps Secolari Basil Olive Oil divided
- 3/4 cup green sweet peas thawed
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 to taste Secolari Fleur de Sel Sea Salt
- 1 to taste freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup lightly toasted almond slices or slivered
- 2-3 tbsps minced fresh basil
- 2-3 tbsps minced fresh mint
- 1/2 juice of lemon
- In a small saucepan, bring the broth or water to a boil.
- Place 2 cups of couscous in a bowl. With your hands, coat couscous with 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil. As soon as the broth boils, transfer the liquid to the bowl with the couscous. Quickly cover for ten minutes, undisturbed.
- Heat remaining 2 ½ tablespoons oil in a small skillet over medium-low heat. Add the peas and cook about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and add the raisins and almonds; stir.
- When the couscous is ready, fluff with a fork. Add the pea mixture. Squeeze lemon juice on top, add fresh mint and basil; serve warm or at room temperature.