Best Pecan PieMartina Crocker
Make this easy to bake pecan pie recipe for your guests to enjoy for Thanksgiving, a holiday, or just because you love pecan pie. For a healthier version try making the crust with our Secolari olive oil instead of butter.
Easy Pecan Pie With Olive Oil
For Pecan Pie Crust
- 2 2/3 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp Seccolari fleur de sel
- 2/3 cup Secolari Arbequina Olive Oil
- 6 tbsp milk
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp butter unsalted, melted
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup pecans divided
- Mix the flour and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the milk and oil; mix a fork. roll in into a ball then flatten with the palm of your hands.
- Place over parchment papper and roll the dough into a round pie layer about 1/4 inch thick.
- Place dough over the top of pie pan. Trim the edges that extend outside the pan with a knife.
- Preheat oven to 350F degree.
- In a bowl, add the sugar, eggs, butter, corn syrup, vanilla extra, and cinnamon; mix well.
- Add 1/2 cup chopped pecans to the bowl.
- Pour the filling into the pie and evenly distribute.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Top the pie with whole pecans in a circle to decorate the pie. Bake for another 20-25 minutes or until the pie is golden on top.
- Cool before serving.