Egg and Bacon Stuffed BreadMartina Crocker
Show off your cooking skills for mom on Mother’s Day. Here is a simple, quick and appetizing recipe you can make for your special mom. You can use a small baguette, a bagel, or even a bun. Just carve it out and then stuff it. Mom will be pleased!
Egg and Bacon Stuffed Bread
- 2 each Demi-Baguettes cut in half, lengthwise
- 4 Slices bacon
- 3 Tablespoons Secolari Basil Olive Oil
- 1/2 Small minced onions
- 1 Small tomatoe diced
- 1 Small bell pepper diced
- 4 Large eggs lightly beaten
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream Or substitute with Half&Half
- 1/2 Cup shredded cheddar cheese Or Mozzarella, Monterey
- 1/2 Cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 To Taste Secolari Wild Porcini Sea Salt
- 1 To Taste black pepper
- 1 Drizzle Secolari White Balsamic
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Carve the inside of 4 demi-baguettes so you can make room for the filing.
- Cut the bacon into small pieces and cook in a skillet until crispy. Set aside.
- In a large skillet on medium heat, add the olive oil and cook the onion 5-6 minutes until soft. Add tomato and bell pepper and cook until slightly golden; 4-5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix the eggs, cream, cheese, cooked bacon, and cooked veggies. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon the egg mixture into the prepared baguettes. Bake 18-20 minutes until golden, and when the egg mixture is set. Remove for oven and allow to cool 3-4 minutes. Serve while still warm. Drizzle with white balsamic or your favorite balsamic.