These breaded and fried mozzarelline (small mozzarellas) are irresistible. They are crispy on the outside and soft and gooey on the inside. They are ideal for a party and a delicious appetizer that can be prepared in seconds. A delicious recipe, suitable for all seasons and for festive events. Chef Alba
- 12 mini mozzarella balls dried completely, then freeze about 20 minutes
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 2 tbsps whole milk
- 1 taste Secolari Fleur de Sel Sea Salt
- 00 flour or all-purpose flour, for dredging
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups italian breadcrumbs for dredging
- 3 tbsps finely grated parmesan cheese to mix with breadcrumbs
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup Secolari Koroneiki Olive Oil
- 2-3 tbsps Secolari Traditional Balsamic
- Place three shallow bowls beside each other, filling the first with flour, the second with the eggs, milk, and salt, and the third with the breadcrumbs and grated cheese.
- Roll each cheese in the flour, tapping off excess flour, then dip in egg mixture, then roll in breadcrumbs and grated cheese, and place on a plate. Repeat with remaining cheese until all are coated.
- in a medium skillet, add the olive oil on medium heat. Set a large plate with a few paper towels off to the side.
- Using a slotted spoon, lower a few mozzarella balls at a time into the oil, making sure they stay separated while frying. The oil should covered the entire skillet, however we are not deep frying so the mozzarella do not need to be submerged into oil. Allow the mozzarella balls to cook on the bottom first and then turn over. Remove from oil using spoon after 1 minute or when the mozzarella are a golden on both sides. Transfer on paper towels to drain. Cook the next batch following the same process.
- Once the mozzarella are all cooked you can served with a ready-made tomato sauce, or a thick balsamic vinegar.
- Chef tip: always freeze cheese about 20 minutes first before frying, this will guarantee it will not melt during frying!