Greek Spinach Salad with Shallot Vinaigretteadmin
This Greek salad is an easy and fast summer recipe that accentuates the aromas of the Mediterranean. You can prepare it in just a few minutes. It is a unique vegetarian dish to eat at lunch or for dinner. Be sure to always use good quality ingredients. Chef Alba
Greek Spinach Salad with Shallot Vinaigrette
- 4 small cucumbers cut then in 1/2 lengthwise, then into 1/2 moon slices
- 4 roma tomatoes quartered
- 1 red bell pepper slice into fine rings
- 8 ounces whole Feta cut in small cubes
- 10-12 pitted kalamata black olives
- 12 ounces fresh baby spinach whole or roughly chopped
- In a blender, combine the vinegar, lemon juice and shallot and puree. With the machine running, add the olive oil a little at a time until emulsified. Season the dressing with salt and pepper. Note: this dressing can be refrigerated overnight for best flavor!
- In a large bowl, toss the spinach with the cucumber, tomatoes, olives and feta. Add half of the dressing, season with salt and pepper and toss. Add the remaining dressing over the salad and serve.
- Note: you can mix baby spinach and baby arugula if you like.