Lemon & Rosemary Olive Oil Cakeadmin
“La dolce vita” , the sweet life, is an attitude, a lifestyle that characterizes a way of living and eating well. By popular request we are making desserts. Join us at Secolari and be part of our culture, as we make and taste sweet Pears in Ricotta and Honey, Lemon and Rosemary Olive Oil Cake, Zabaglione con Marsala Wine Fragole e Balsamico. A savory appetizer will be served before we start.
Lemon & Rosemary Olive Oil Cake
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees and butter a 9 x 4 inch loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the eggs for 2 minutes or until slightly frothy. Add sugar and beat for 2 to 3 more minutes. Add the lemon zest and lemon juice and mix until combined.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, salt and dried rosemary. Mix well.
- Add the olive oil and flour mixture to the egg mixture, mix using a wooden spoon until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf pan and bake 35 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted into center comes out clean. Allow to cool before removing from pan.
- Mix glaze ingredients and drizzle over the cake immediately before serving. Sprinkle with a few remaining rosemary needles if desired.