Orange Marinated Ahi Tunaadmin
This orange marinated tuna is a classic, popular, and well appreciated dish in Sicily. A timeless recipe I wanted to share with you because it is a delicious main dish, and simple to make. A great gourmet fish to share with friends and family for any occasion. Chef Alba
Orange Marinated Ahi Tuna
- 4 slices ahi tuna about 6 ounces each
- 3-4 tbsps Secolari Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 1 clove of garlic smashed and minced
- 2-3 tbsps Secolari Champagne Mimosa Vinegar
- 1 zest orange
- 1/2 -1 juice of orange
- 2-3 tbsps toasted pistachio roughly chopped
- 1 to taste Secolari Fleur de Sel Sea Salt
- 1 to taste white pepper
- In a shallow non-aluminum bowl, combine the vinegar, juice, zest, garlic, salt and pepper. Whisk with the oil, a little at a time, until well incorporated. Coat the tuna with the marinade and marinate for 2-4 hours, refrigerated, turning occasionally.
- Remove the tuna from the refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking, pat dry. Heat a large skillet with a tiny drizzle of oil. Cook the tuna on medium-high heat about 4-5 minutes per side for rare to medium doneness. Place the cooked tuna on a serving plate.
- Place the remaining juice from the marinade in the skillet where the tuna was cooked and reduce by half until slightly thick on medium-low. Taste for seasoning. Drizzle the marinade on top of the cooked tuna. Top with toasted pistachios.