Mint chutney is a classic East Indian dish that can be prepared fresh and can be made ahead of time and refrigerated. It is a staple of East Indian cuisine because of the digestive properties of mint. There are many variations of mint chutney depending on area or family recipe. This chutney can be used with many types of dishes such as Indian snacks, as a dip with chips, samosas, as a dressing on tacos or in sandwiches. Try this unique and complex flavored chutney. Chef Ravi.
- 3/4 cup whole milk yogurt or coconut yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups fresh mint packed
- 1 cup cilantro packed
- 1 inch fresh ginger finely sliced
- 1-2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 1/2 tbsps fresh lime juice
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper de-seeded, chopped
- 1 to taste Secolari Roasted Garlic Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp Secolari Champagne Mimosa Vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar optional
- Add all the ingredients to a blender or food processor and pulse until smooth. Taste for seasoning and adjust as needed. If you like it a little more spicy, add more jalapeno pepper.
- You can serve right away, or store in a sealed container for up to 4 days in the refrigerator.