Veggie Pad Thaiadmin
To begin making this Vegetarian Pad Thai recipe, make sure you have all the ingredients ready and cut in the desired shapes. This dish is simple and quick to make however it is best made fresh for a most excellent flavor. It’s perfect as a lighter noodle dish without the meat. Because it’s made with rice noodles, Pad Thai can also be made gluten-free. As you continue to make it you will notice that you like it bit less sweet or a bit more spicy, so continue to alter those tastes and have a fun time cooking the Vegetarian Pad Thai in your kitchen. Chef Ravi
Veggie Pad Thai
- 4 cups brown rice noodles (stir-fry type noodles or Pad Thai noodles)
- 1 zucchini diced small
- 1 red bell peppers diced small
- 1 medium sweet onion minced
- 2 carrots diced small
- 3 tbsps Secolari Habanero Olive Oil or basil, lemon olive oil (separated)
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- 1/2 cup fresh herbs (cilantro, basil)
- 1/3 cup green onions diced small
- 3 tbsps fish sauce or vegan fish sauce substitute
- 3 tbsps brown sugar
- 3 tbsps vegetable broth
- 2-3 tbsps Secolari White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp chili paste
- Add all sauce ingredients in a glass jar and shake well.
- Place the uncooked noodles in a bowl of cold water to soak.
- Heat a 2 tablespoons of oil over medium high heat. Add the veggies – stir fry with tongs for 3-5 minutes (depending on size) or until tender-crisp Be careful not to overcook them – they’ll get soggy and heavy. Transfer to a dish and set aside.
- Add another tablespoon of oil to the pan. Drain the noodles – they should be softened by now. Add the noodles to the hot pan and stir fry for a minute, using tongs to toss. Add the sauce and stir fry for another minute or two, until the sauce is starting to thicken and stick to the noodles. Push the noodles aside to make a little room for the egg – pour the beaten egg into the pan and let it sit for 30 seconds or so. Toss everything around with the tongs. The egg mixture will stick to the noodles and everything will start getting sticky.
- Add in the vegetables, toss together, and remove from heat. Stir in the peanuts and herbs and serve immediately.