Pears in Ricotta and Honeyadmin
“La dolce vita” , the sweet life, is an attitude, a lifestyle that characterizes a way of living and eating well. By popular request we are making desserts. Join us at Secolari and be part of our culture, as we make and taste sweet Pears in Ricotta and Honey, Lemon and Rosemary Olive Oil Cake, Zabaglione con Marsala Wine Fragole e Balsamico. A savory appetizer will be served before we start.
Pears in Ricotta and Honey
- 4 fresh pears
- 8 ounces whole ricotta cheese
- 8 amaretti cookies, divided
- 2 tablespoons honey, divided Secolari recommends KGBee's Honey
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Cut the pears in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds gently with a spoon. Drizzle about a tablespoon of honey in the interior of the pears. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until just tender (can be tested with a toothpick).
- Place the ricotta in a bowl and beat for 2-3 minutes until creamy. Crumble four Amaretti cookies and add to the ricotta.
- Remove the pears from the oven and drizzle the remaining honey inside the pears again. Fill each pear with ricotta mixture to the top, crumble the remaining cookies and place them back in the oven about 5 more minutes. When ready, cool and serve.