Petite Lamb Chops over Roasted Root Vegetablesadmin
You absolutely will love the taste of petite lamb chops; they can stand on their own with just salt and pepper then pan seared in olive oil. If we were to choose a favorite cut, it would hands down be the petite lamb chop because of its tenderness and flavor. A great appetizer served as lamb “lollipops” or as a main entrée. Simple, yet looks so sophisticated. Chef Wecker
Petite Lamb Chops over Roasted Root Vegetables
- 8 lamb chops excess fat removed
- 2-3 tbsps Secolari Rosemary Olive Oil
- 1 to taste Secolari Fleur de Sel Sea Salt
- 1 to taste black pepper
- 4 baby carrots chop in half lengthwise
- 2 parsnips peel and chop in half lengthwise
- 2 medium potatoes Peel and chop the potatoes in half lengthways and then cut each half into 4 wedges
- 6 small onions cut in 4 pieces , lengthwise
- 6-8 large cloves of garlic whole with skin on
- 4-5 tbsps Secolari Garlic Olive Oil
- 3/4 - 1 cup beef or vegetable stock
- 1 drizzle Secolari Dark Raspberry Balsamic
- Pat dry the lamb chops and place them onto a tray. Season the chops with salt and pepper and drizzle with the olive oil and give it a good toss.
- Place the lamb chops in a preheated 425F oven and roast about 12 minutes.
- Put all the chopped vegetables, onions and garlic cloves in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle in the oil and toss them well.
- Remove the chops from the oven, arrange the vegetables all around the meat and return the tray to high shelf of the oven; cook for additional 30 minutes or until both the meat and vegetables are tender. Cooking time will depend on size of chops and how cooked you prefer your chops.
- Remove tray from the oven and cover the tray with foil to allow the meat to rest for about 20 minutes. Transfer the chops and vegetables onto a serving plate.
- Scrape and pour the remaining juices from the tray into a saucepan. Pour in the stock and let it simmer and bubble over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Pour the sauce over the lamb chops and vegetables. Drizzle a thick balsamic for additional flavor.