Recipe: Garlic Habanero Steak SkewersMartina Crocker
Garlic Habanero Steak Recipe
Skewers are an easy and quick way to grill! These steak skewers always turn out delicious and juicy thanks to the coating of olive oil, which locks in moisture.
We use Garlic and Habanero olive oils here, but feel free to try this recipe with our Italian Herb Olive Oil and/or Jalapeño Olive Oil.
Light up the grill and give this a try!
- 1 Pound Flank Steak
- 3 Tablespoons Secolari Garlic Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Secolari Habanero Olive Oil
- 2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Dried Thyme
- 1 Teaspoon Honey
- Secolari Merlot Sea Salt to taste
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper
1. Lightly salt the Flank Steak with Merlot Sea Salt. Rub into meat.
2. In a bowl, mix the olive oils, garlic powder, dried thyme, honey, and black pepper. Feel free to alter the ratio of Garlic to Habanero olive oils based on your preference for heat.
3. Dunk the Flank Steak in the marinade mixture. Set aside for at least 10 minutes. For best results, the meat should be allowed to come to nearly room temperature before grilling.
4. Slice the meat, with the grain, into 1 inch wide strips. “Accordion” the strips on onto skewers. Note: if you are using wood skewers, soak them in water for at least 15 minutes beforehand.
5. Salt and pepper the ready to cook skewers to taste.
6. Place skewers on the grill. Cook over direct heat for 5 minutes, flip, and cook an additional 5 minutes or until the meat reaches desired doneness.