Recipe: Herb Garden Pesto
Herb Garden Pesto Recipe
Make this in five minutes, then use it on everything!
Pesto is a wonderful way to use up leftover herbs, or the abundance of herbs you might have growing in your garden during this rainy summer. And even though pesto is usually made with basil, there’s no reason to stop there! Adding a variety of herbs will deepen the flavor of your pesto, so throw in whatever you’ve got on hand!
There’s no cooking involved, so you’ll want to make sure to use a high quality olive oil. We like the robust flavor of our New World Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil here, but your favorite EVOO (or even one of our Flavored Olive Oils) will work, too! If you’re curious about how our Flavored Olive Oils get their flavor, you can read all about it here.
We love a simple pasta dish made with this fresh pesto, but it has endless uses — try coating cod or haddock with pesto before roasting or grilling, spreading on a turkey sandwich, or mixing in to tuna or chicken salad.
Give it a try!
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup nuts of choice: pine nuts, almonds, pistachios, walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 3 cups packed mixed herb leaves in any combination you have available: basil, cilantro, parsley, dill, tarragon, oregano, mint
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 ounce grated Parmesan cheese (about 1/4 cup)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Pulse garlic, nuts, herbs, oil, and Parmesan in a food processor until finely chopped. Season with salt and pepper.