Red Onion Marmalade With Balsamic Vinegar Recipeadmin
The Balsamic vinegar has earned the role of Prince or Princess at our tables. Balsamic vinegar is a superb dressing and sauce that can enhance the flavors of salads, cheeses, meats, and many other delicious dishes. We will be making tasty recipes using Secolari’s fabulous balsamic with recipes such as Red Onion and Balsamic Marmalade Served with Seasonal Cheeses, Sausages with Red Grapes and Balsamic, Colorful Bell Peppers in Balsamic Sauce.
Red Onion & Balsamic Marmalade
- 5 red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup honey Secolari recommends KGBee Honey
- Secolari Balsamic
- In a large and deep skillet, add the onions and balsamic and cook on low heat about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When the onions are soft, add the honey and sugar and cook about 45 minutes on low heat, stirring more often.
- Be sure that the onion mixture is soft and moist, and be careful that it doesn’t caramelize and harden. The marmalade should be rather compact and homogeneous, if not continue to cook a little more.
- Serve with favorite cheeses or bread.