Three Cheeses Scallopiniadmin
The cheese sauce for this recipe, can be made from small leftover cheeses that you sometimes have in the refrigerator. The sauce can be made with any cheese of choice than can be easily melted. However, the cheeses should compliment each other in their flavors. This dish is delicious and a great idea for an impromptu dinner. Serve it with warm slices of Tuscan or Pugliese bread. Chef Alba
Three Cheeses Scallopini
- 1/2 cup gorgonzola cubed or crumbled
- 1/2 cup fontina shredded or cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2-3 tbsps Secolari Blood Orange Olive Oil or Secolari Lemon Olive Oil
- 1 to taste black pepper
- 1 to taste pinch of Secolari Wild Porcini Sea Salt
- 1/2 whole milk
- 8 whole sage leaves or minced rosemary
- 8 slices of pork tenderloin
- Pound the slices of pork tenderloin between two pieces of wax paper until evenly flat. As thin as possible without breaking them.
- Place the cheeses in a non-stick pan, cover with milk and melt on very low heat. Stir occasionaly.
- In a skillet, add the oil and sage leaves. Cook on medium-low until just crispy. Remove the leaves and set aside.
- Add the slices of meat in the same skillet on medium-high, season and cook until golden on both sides. When cooked through, add the melted cheese sauce on top; cook a few minutes more to just warm. Sprinkle with crispy sage leave more black pepper and serve warm.
- Note: this recipe can be made with chicken, veal, or thinly pounded turkey breast.