Shrimp in Parsley Mint Pestoadmin
This simple shrimp recipe is made with a rustic pesto of fresh parsley and mint, and a best-quality olive oil. An excellent main course with a salad on the side! This pesto can be used with grilled seafood, fish, and vegetables. Chef Alba
Shrimp Grilled in Parsley Mint Pesto
- 1 pound large shrimp devailed, tails on, patted dry
- 2 bunches italian parsley rinsed and patted dry, hard stalks removed
- 1 bunch mint rinsed and patted dry, leaves only
- 6 tbsps Secolari Arbosana Extra Virgin Olive Oil divided
- 3 large cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 1 to taste Secolari Roasted Garlic Sea Salt
- 1 to taste black pepper
- 1/2 juice of lemon
- In a food processor, add the parsley, mint, garlic, and 4 tablespoons oil. Pulse into a smooth or rustic pesto. Add the lemon juice. Taste for seasoning and adjust as needed.
- In a large skillet, add 2 tablespoons of oil. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper. When the oil is hot add the shrimp to the skillet. Do not overcrowd the pan, cook in batches if needed. Cook until the shrimp turn pink and are slightly golden on top. Turn the shrimp once during the cooking process.
- Transfer the shrimp to a serving platter and drizzle the pesto on top. Note: you can also grill the shrimp and drizzle with pesto sauce.