Back to Blog
- 3 chinese eggplants (or twice as many italian eggplants) diced
- 3 tablespoons Secolari Basil Olive Oil (add an extra tablespoon if desired)
- 1 large sweet onion diced
- 3 stalks large celery including leaves
- 2 roma tomatoes diced
- 15 small capers (add five extra capers if desired)
- 2 garlic cloves finely minced
- 1 green pepper diced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 20 basil leaves (add thirty more leaves if desired)
- 2 tablespoons Secolari Champagne Mimosa Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar optional
- Secolari Roasted Garlic Sea Salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- red pepper flakes
- 20 pine nuts toasted
- Secolari Traditional Balsamic for drizzling
Dice the eggplant into even size pieces.
Heat a few tablespoons of olive oil in a large, thick-bottomed pan until it starts to give off its fragrance.
Add the eggplant. Cook until the eggplant is soft and starts turning golden brown.
Transfer the eggplant into a bowl.
Cook the onions in the same pan until soft.
Add the chopped celery stalks and leaves, capers, garlic and peppers. Stir until everything is tender, about 10 minutes.
Add the cooked eggplant, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and shredded basil to the pan and cook, stirring gently for another 5 – 10 minutes.
Add the vinegar and sugar. Cook for another five minutes to take the edge off the vinegar.
Add the pine nuts and fold.
Top with fresh basil and a drizzle of traditional balsamic on top.
Share this post
Back to Blog
adroll_adv_id = "JCVNDEXPIFEB3FHOXMQMVF";
adroll_pix_id = "2LA4SQCP6VHEJK6MXUQEUW";
adroll_version = "2.0";
adroll_current_page = "other";
adroll_currency = "USD";
adroll_language = "en_US";
Wordpress site Developed by Ninja Creative Marketing