These tandoori shrimp get a marinade of a traditional Indian mixture of spices and yogurt. The yogurt holds the seasonings in place which results in a thin crust on the shrimp as it cooks. Chef Ravi
- 24 large shrimp shelled and deveined
- 3/4 cup whole plain yogurt
- 2-3 tbsps Secolari Tandoori Olive Oil
- 1 tsp each chili powder, teaspoon turmeric, ground coriander, ground cumin, garam masala
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsps grated fresh ginger or 1 tablespoon of dry ginger
- 2-3 tbsps fresh cilantro minced
- 1 to taste Secolari Black Truffle Sea Salt
- 1 to taste black pepper
- 2 limes cut in wedges
- Pat the shrimp dry and set aside on paper towels to dry completely. You may need to change the paper towel a few times until the shrimp are dry.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl. Mix well.
- Place shrimp in bowl with yogurt mixture; mix well until shrimp are well coated. Refrigerate for one hour. If using an outdoor grill, soak the wooden skewers first.
- Preheat grill to medium- high heat. Thread shrimp onto skewers. Grill for about 2 to 3 minutes per side or until done. Shrimp is done when the color has changed from a glossy gray color to a pink color. Shrimp should also be slightly golden.
- Remove from grill and serve with sliced limes.