Thai Lime Chicken Stir-Fryadmin
The influence of Chinese cooking can be found in many Thai dishes, this Thai lime Chicken Stir-fry is a prime example. The recipe is very versatile, so you can easily alter it according to how many people you’re cooking for, or the types of vegetables you have on hand. The addition of basil is what really makes it pop. Chef Ravi.
Thai Lime Chicken Stir-Fry
- 2 tbsps Secolari Lime Olive Oil or Secolari Arbasano extra virgin olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chick thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic thinly sliced
- 1-2 tbsps grated fresh ginger
- 1 hot chili pepper thinly sliced (or red pepper flakes)
- 1 bunch spring onions thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 zest and juice of lime
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 large bunch fresh basil
- 1-2 tbsps Secolari Dark Cherry Balsamic
- 1 to taste Secolari Thai Ginger Sea Salt
- Heat the oil in a frying pan or wok on medium-high heat, until hot. Add the chicken and cook 3-4 minutes until golden. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Lower heat to medium; add the garlic, ginger and chili and cook for a minute, add the spring onions, and bell pepper and continue to cook another 2 minutes
- Return the chicken to the pan add the basil, honey, soy or balsamic. Until heated through and hot. Serve with a squeeze of lime zest and juice and more fresh basil on top.