Zucchini Carpaccio with Ricotta-Mintadmin
Zucchini Carpaccio is a dish made from very thin slices of raw zucchini drizzled with a good olive oil and a contrasting vinegar or lemon juice. In this recipe, quenelles (oval dumplings) of fresh ricotta are added. A healthful dish that can be served anytime of the year you can find zucchini. It takes minutes to prepare and requires no cooking. It can be served as an appetizer or a side dish. Chef Alba
Zucchini Carpaccio with Ricotta-Mint
- 2 medium zucchini sliced round and very thin
- 1 zest and juice of lemon
- 1 to taste Secolari Wild Porcini Sea Salt
- 1-2 tbsps fresh mint hand torn
- 1 poiund fresh whole ricotta strained overnight, create little oval quanelles
- 3-4 tbsps Secolari Sevillano Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2-3 Secolari White Balsamic Vinegar
- Using a mandolin or a very sharp knife, slice the zucchini into very thin coins. On a platter, arrange the zucchini in shingles overlapping each one slightly and forming concentric circles.
- Add the zest and juice of lemon over the zucchini and sprinkle with Secolari Wild Porcini Sea Salt. Cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Before serving, top with the chopped herbs, little quenelles or dollops of ricotta, and thread of Secolari Sevillano Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Drizzle with white balsamic. Refrigerate for an hour, serve cold or at roomp temperature.