Chef Alba’s Moroccan Lettuce Wrapsadmin
Crunchy Romaine lettuce becomes the edible vessels for this heavenly Moroccan dish. Morocco’s exotic cuisine has been influenced by Berbers, Moors, Arabs, and other civilizations throughout history. Morocco’s past inhabitants are still responsible for culinary methods and practices that are still flourishing today. Let your palate appreciate the unique flavors and warming spices of this elegant dish. Chef Alba
Chef Alba's Moroccan Lettuce Wraps
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef 85/15
- 1/2 medium red onion minced
- 1 to taste Secolari Roasted Garlic Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp Secolari Lemon Olive Oil
- 1 tsp each turmeric, ground cumin, ground coriander
- 1/2 - 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas drained and slightly mashed
- 8 Romane leaves
- 2-3 tbsps Secolari Dark Cherry Balsamic to drizzle over lettuce wraps
- In a large skillet, add the olive oil and brown ground beef with minced red onion until the ground beef if cooked thru and mostly golden. Season with salt.
- Add all spices and mix thoroughly with the meat. Continue to cook 1-2 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas to ground beef mixture and cook additional 5-6 minutes. When ready cool slightly. If the mixture appears to dry, add a few tablespoons of hot water and stir.
- Spoon the meat and chickpea mixture into romaine leaves. Top the lettuce wraps with tzatziki, ranch dressing, or my favorite balsamic vinegar.