Samosa is a small pastry filled with a variety of ingredients. They are usually filled with vegetables, potato, ground chicken, lamb, or lentils, and spiced with fragrant Indian spices. Impress your guest by making these crispy, golden samosas an ultimate and perfect showstopping appetizer recipe. Chef Ravi
Chicken Samosa with Apricot Jalapeno Jelly
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp Secolari Fleur de S
- cumin seeds
- 3 tbsps Secolari Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 1/2 pound frozen peas thawed
- 2 Tbsps Secolari Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 large onion minced
- 5 cloves of garlic peeled and crushed
- 2 tbsps ginger paste
- 2 tsps red pepper flakes
- 1 to taste Secolari Fleur de Sel Sea Salt
- 3 tbsps baby heirloom tomatoes
- 2 tbsps chopped fresh cilantro
- oil for deep frying
Making the Dough:
- In a bowl, mix cumin seeds and salt to the flour. Mix well. Add oil rub with flour for 1 minute. Add little water at a time to make a stiff dough. Cover dough and let it rest for 15 – 20 mins. Shape dough into a long tube and cut tube into 2 inches by 2 Inches. Set aside for 10 minutes. While the dough is resting, you can make the filling.
Making the filling:
- Mix ground chicken with cumin, garlic, ginger paste, red pepper, and salt. Heat the oil on high heat in a large skillet and cook the onion until it begins to brown.
- Add tomato paste and fry for a minute, adding a little water if necessary if too dry. Add the chicken and cook until cooked through.
- Add the peas; cook until they are heated through and softened. Add salt to taste. Add chopped cilantro. The mixture should be dry for filling the samosa. Cool mixture down to room temperature before filling samosa
- Roll dough into oblong shape (approx.-6 inches). Cut pastry into 2 in the Centre. Hold the straight portion of the pastry in your palm with the curved edges away from the hand. Fill with a tablespoon or so of the chicken misture. Fold the pastry from outside to inside pinching the center of the pastry to make a cone. Deep fry until golden and place on paper towel ro absorb any excess oil. Serve your favorite sauce.